Saturday 4 January 2014

Painting Ironbreakers hmmmmmm...

Don't get me wrong, I do like these models. But...  Is it just me or do they all look the same?  Marauder kind of got into the monopose game with their Ironbreakers but to me there was more character and facial differentiation with the models.  These however seem a little too cookie cuter.  Having said that they do look the part; tough, heavily armoured Dwarfs that protect the lower halls and tunnels long unused.  Throw in the truly impressive Dwarf Lord model and there is potential for the unit.

I didn't spend a tonne of time on the painting.  I just want to test different ways to make the monoposers (my new word) stand out from each other such as the gold helms, blue chestpieces and the Tomb King shields with Dwarf emblems.

No comments:

Post a Comment